Favourites from 2016


Wow how is it 2017 already?! Where the hell did last year go? Its safe to say 2016 flew by for me and its pretty scary just how fast time goes as you get older. However fast the year disappeared though I still managed to try out so many different beauty products and below I thought I would share some of the items I've become obsessed with and use daily.  


Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer £7.99

2016 was the year I discovered this concealer and I was honestly like 'why the hell hadn't I tried this sooner?'. Its my favourite concealer I've come across and I couldn't recommend it enough. I use this to brighten my under eye area and highlight the bridge of my nose, my chin and the middle of my forehead and it works a dream. Its the perfect amount of coverage for me personally and isn't cakey AT ALL and also blends out beaaaaautifully. Its so good for brightening your under eye area and I'm just so impressed with the quality of this product for the price!



MAC Velvet Teddy £15.50 

I think its safe to say this MAC shade is a pretty well known and loved favourite to many! I just love this shade so much as its so easy to wear and always looks gorgeous. Its the kind of shade I can always chuck on whether I'm in a rush or am completely stuck with what to choose and it NEVER disappoints! I have always found MAC lipsticks last extremely well on the lips throughout the day.



Kat Von D Tattoo Liner £16

Firstly, liquid eyeliner is my biggest make up weakness EVER so with this being said finding a eyeliner that is super easy to use (or at least made easier) is pretty important to me. A firm favourite of mine is the Loreal superliner in perfect slim (a really good drugstore eyeliner!!) but I had always wanted to try this one and i'm so glad I did.  It's the easiest eyeliner i've found so far to use and it makes doing your wing a little less stressful! Definitely my go to eyeliner now.


NYX Buttergloss Creme Brûlée £5

When NYX make up stands came to Boots stores I was so excited! I knew going would be dangerous and I would probably wipe out my bank balance but I'm really pleased I went because their products do not disappoint and this brand has become one of my favourites from the drugstore. NYX make up stands are the kind where you will stand for aaaaaages swatching and swatching and swatchingggg because there is so much choice and an amazing variety of shades which I will also add are super affordable! I love so many products from this brand but one that stands out in 2016 for me is the butter gloss in Creme Brûlée. My favourite kind of lip is a nude and I find looooove pairing this with a nude lipstick. Its a beautiful light, pinky nude shade.



Ardell Lashes - Demi Wispies and Wispies £5.49 

I'm always on the look out for new lashes to try and because I wear them so often I like to discover affordable but good ones! I love everything about these lashes. They look super pretty and fluttery on and are sooo easy to apply as they have a really thin band. I sometimes curl mine and add a bit of mascara for some extra volume.



Make Up Geek Eyeshadows £6

Probably one of my best discoveries in 2016! These eyeshadows are honestly incredible. They are affordable but amazing quality and some of the best eyeshadows i've ever used. There is a large variety of choice in colours so you can build up your palettes with whatever shades you like. Every single one I've used has always been extremely pigmented and blended out perfectly.


MAC 266 £16.50 

This brush is amazing for eyebrows. I've used it every single day since I purchased it early last year and I'm not on the hunt for a new eyebrow brush anytime soon. It's super easy to use and the perfect size.


Nars Ita kabuki brush £43 

This was one of those products that I saw all over youtube and it really didn't take much convincing for me to purchase it. It makes contouring so much easier and its the perfect shape. It is pretty pricy though - this is the most I've ever spent on a make up brush however I find myself using it whenever I contour and didn't really reach for another brush in 2016.



Garnier Micellar water £4.99

2016 was the year I finally ditched make up wipes and honestly the only product I used and repurchased was this micellar water. It removes all of your make up and is so much better for your skin compared to face wipes. I have suffered with eczema on my face and eyes and this has never affected me or irritated my skin. I have also used the original version and this has also never affected me. This is for sure a product I will continue to use this year.



Lancome La Vie Est Belle £69 (50ml) and Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium £65.50 (50ml)

My favourite two perfumes of the year. They both smell absolutely amazing and are very long lasting. I love also love the packaging of both perfumes - i'm a sucker for super pretty girly packaging!

Thats a round up of my most used and loved products from 2016. There are definitely more but if I was going to talk about them all this post would be never ending however these are definitely firm favourites and ones I will always continue to purchase.

What are your most loved products from 2016?

Thanks for reading!

Imogen xxx




No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig